Posts tagged ‘godown’
Dates: May 11-17, 2013
Venues: Mater hospital, Railway Museum, Strathmore University, Mukuru Promotion Centre, Kenya Institute of Mass Communication & Technical University of Kenya
Zone 2 Hoods: The GoDown, Kaburini- RailGolf, NrbWest, SouthB/C, Mukuru- Railway- Muthurwa
A call for artistic expressions: painting, sculpture and mixed media, for the annual Manjano Exhibition. Work should aim to present creative expression that explores the human interests aspect of the city of Nairobi – Nairobians in their diverse settings, neighborhoods and lifestyles, at work, at play, etc.
1. A maximum of 2 pieces of work may submitted for selection in the Manjano Exhibition
2. The works should have been executed within the course of last year (i.e. since January 2012 and not any earlier).
3. Works may be submitted under any of the following 2 categories: Student or Practicing Artist.
4. Selected works will hang in the Manjano Exhibition and shall be judged. Cash prizes will be awarded for the top 3 positions in each category.
5. Deadline for submission of works is March 15 2013. Works should be submitted at the GoDown Arts Centre, Dunga Rd, next to Giro Bank.
Please note that work that has been previously submitted to other editions will not be accepted
Manjano is organized under the auspices of the GoDown Arts Centre. For further enquiries contact:
Manjano Committee c/o Lima Mbai 555227, 555770
The Kenya Conservatoire and the GoDown Arts Centre present Classics at the GoDown on 3rd November 2012 at the GoDown from 7.00pm. It will feature performances by The Nairobi Chamber Chorus directed by Ken Wakia, The Kenya Conservatoire of Music Orchestra conducted by Levi Wataka, Cantus in Choro and others.
Tickets are Ksh.300. Advanced tickets can be bought at the GoDown Arts Centre.
The Kenya Conservatoire of Music cordially invites you to a concert that will be hosted by its Orchestra on Sunday 1st July, 2012 at 3:00pm at The GoDown Arts Center (off Dunga Road next to Car and General).
The concert is a farewell Tribute to some of our members who will be leaving the country to go and study or work abroad, among them Nieves Carellan who plays the Oboe and Prashant Fernandez who plays the Oboe and Bassoon.
Performances will include, among others, Popular Music selections arranged for the Orchestra such as Taio Cruz’s Dynamite, some pieces by smaller ensembles, as well as various vocal selections by Cantus in Choro who were finalists in the recently televised Kiss TV Choir Competition.
Ticket costs are as follows: Adults 400/= Children (12 year and below) 300/= All tickets will be sold at the door.