Posts tagged ‘mombasa’
Dates: December 24, 2016 – January 2, 2017
Venue: Forty Thieves, Diani
– 24 Dec:
• Santa is coming for our little ones – 5PM – do not miss his arrival! And please parents, drop “you know what” at 40’s office before 4 PM.
• The Kenyan Boys Choir – 6PM – will grace our Christmas’ Eve. Internationally acclaimed, the Boys Choir will perform an unique show at the Coast. Free entry.
– 25 Dec:
• The beach bar is closed for the day. Re-opening Dec 26th for 24/7 service.
• Please note from Dec 26th – Jan 2nd, there will be a cover charge from 10PMof KES 500, except on Dec 28, 29 & 31st pls see the details below.
• The Shooters bar will be operating every nights from Dec 26th – Jan 1st.
• We will have a Champagne bar from Dec 27th – 31st.
– 26 Dec:
• The Annual Camel race from 12PM – KES 500 per participant, FREE to spectators.
• RegGee’s will rock the beach bar from 2PM, free entry.
– 28 Dec:
• BENGATRONICS have invited Wakuu for the night. Benga music meets Electro Jazz and Afro. From 10PM KES 1,000
– 29 Dec:
• TIDAL RAVE: 6 famous Djs from Nbi, 2 stages, 12 hours of rave party on the beach with Barney Barrow, DJ K, SURAJ, Donnaccia, Chucky, Beng-Beng. From6PM – KES 2,000
– 31 Dec:
• NYE Beach Party: from 9PM KES 2,000 entrance. The beach bar will close at 3PM on that day for NYE preparation.
– 1 Jan:
• PLAY CRICKET ON THE BEACH 1PM
• TWINSTARS JAZZ BAND 2PM
• SAMAKI CLASSIC AUCTION OF BOATS 3PM
– 2 Jan:
• SAMAKI CLASSIC FISHING COMPETITION 6:30AM – 3PM
• PRIZE GIVING AND RAFFLE 5PM
Dates: Until July 31, 2016
Venue: Fort Jesus Museum, Mombasa
Entry: Normal Museum Rates Apply
A Mombasa born artist,the prodigal son returns to his roots.This is Mr Green’s debut exhibition in Mombasa having been exhibiting in other elite spaces elsewhere for the last decade and over.
He is best remembered at the Nairobi National Museum by an inspired sleight of hand production titled ‘The Great House of Tsaphenath Paaneah presenting LEGER DEMAIN…!’ in 2011 that featured Jewellery by Taphenes Lydiah, photography by Samir Khan and paintings & sketches by Point Blank & Joseph Allan Green
Out of Town/Screening: 11th European Film Festival in Mombasa, Jun. 2-13 2016 @ Alliance Française Mombasa
Download the Booklet EFF compressed (pdf)
Download latest Diani Beach Art Gallery_Contemporary African Art Catalogue pdf