Posts tagged ‘diani’
Dates: December 24, 2016 – January 2, 2017
Venue: Forty Thieves, Diani
– 24 Dec:
• Santa is coming for our little ones – 5PM – do not miss his arrival! And please parents, drop “you know what” at 40’s office before 4 PM.
• The Kenyan Boys Choir – 6PM – will grace our Christmas’ Eve. Internationally acclaimed, the Boys Choir will perform an unique show at the Coast. Free entry.
– 25 Dec:
• The beach bar is closed for the day. Re-opening Dec 26th for 24/7 service.
• Please note from Dec 26th – Jan 2nd, there will be a cover charge from 10PMof KES 500, except on Dec 28, 29 & 31st pls see the details below.
• The Shooters bar will be operating every nights from Dec 26th – Jan 1st.
• We will have a Champagne bar from Dec 27th – 31st.
– 26 Dec:
• The Annual Camel race from 12PM – KES 500 per participant, FREE to spectators.
• RegGee’s will rock the beach bar from 2PM, free entry.
– 28 Dec:
• BENGATRONICS have invited Wakuu for the night. Benga music meets Electro Jazz and Afro. From 10PM KES 1,000
– 29 Dec:
• TIDAL RAVE: 6 famous Djs from Nbi, 2 stages, 12 hours of rave party on the beach with Barney Barrow, DJ K, SURAJ, Donnaccia, Chucky, Beng-Beng. From6PM – KES 2,000
– 31 Dec:
• NYE Beach Party: from 9PM KES 2,000 entrance. The beach bar will close at 3PM on that day for NYE preparation.
– 1 Jan:
• PLAY CRICKET ON THE BEACH 1PM
• TWINSTARS JAZZ BAND 2PM
• SAMAKI CLASSIC AUCTION OF BOATS 3PM
– 2 Jan:
• SAMAKI CLASSIC FISHING COMPETITION 6:30AM – 3PM
• PRIZE GIVING AND RAFFLE 5PM
Headline act: Nora En Pure
At the core of Indie Dance and Deep House music, Swiss based Nora En Pure is on a quest to fulfil her need to arouse feelings of bliss and inject unconventional and serene sensations to be carried out into the world. The vivid South African, has already proven to be quite productive, what resulted in deep and funky works of audible engineering for the label Enormous Tunes and Tokenish since 2009. Besides her passion for Africa, only music has been able to steal her feelings to that extent leading her to dedicate more and more mind and soul to it. The melodic but mesmerising club music has been fashioning a big and an undoubtedly dedicated fanbase.
Her Remix for Daniel Portman’s KHAWERI in 2010 got huge reactions from all global players, became the preferential mix of the single and launched her career as a producer. In 2011 her track YOU MAKE ME FLOAT hit Top 50 of Beatport charts, made the cut onto legendary Buddha Bar Compilation and got over 500k views on Youtube. In fall 2012 she released AURELIA, which became a requested club hit and made it on various compilations. Her crossover chart hit COME WITH ME first saw lights in February 2013 and made its way up on top of Beatport charts, and remained in Top100 for over 7 months.
2014 has been a great year as well for Nora En Pure, and has seen her touring all over Europe, South America, North America, Africa and Australia. On the production side she has collaborated with the likes of Wretch 32, Aston Shuffle, Adrian Lux and Klingande and her records have made her a Top100 selling artist.
Find more information on the event Facebook Page
On the Decks: Foozak, Franki B, L.A Dave and Suraj
Jim Kroft Unplugged – Journeys #2
Jim Kroft is a British musician and film maker who has lived in Berlin since 2007. His songwriting has an old fashioned root combined with a modern sensibility, and Jim presents it sometimes as a solo acoustic performer and other times with a full rock n roll band. After releasing his last album on EMI Jim became an independent musician once again after the take over by Universal. He then began his “Journeys” project in the Autumn of 2014 after he was invited to tour in Russia and China. A project with no boundaries, no barriers and no borders, “Journeys” is an exploration of the world by one man, one guitar and one camera.
First of all he has abandoned the “traditional” album and is releasing a “Journeys” EP every quarter. Each EP will be inspired and written during one of his journeys – whether through industrial China, the desert of the Sahara, or the endless open roads of America. Second he is working on a documentary on each country and continent visited. Finally he is writing accounts of his experiences and impressions in several leading online platforms. A project about the discovery of the world and the exploration of our own potential, Jim’s ethic is about working hard, self reliance and a belief that music remains the great connector.
JOURNEYS#2 started in Zanzibar early January, touring Dar Es Salam, Arusha, Diani before heading to Nairobi.