A Magical Day of Storytelling, Mar. 19 2016 @ Kwani? – Off Riverside Drive
Date: 19th March 2016
Venue: Kwani? Offices (Off Riverside Drive, opposite DusitD2)
Time: 11am to 6pm and the show from 7pm
COSTS 500 / = (adults) and 250 / = (children) both for the day’s activity as well as for the show at night
On the occasion of the World Storytelling Day, the Embassy of Spain in Nairobi is pleased to invite you to A Magical Day of Storytelling Where Nairobi’s finest storytellers, writers and artists will be joining hands to celebrate and to create a magical day of stories.
The one-day Programme will include:
• Interactive performances by the city’s finest storytellers
• A reading nook Where writers and parents will share Their favorite such
• Both workshops for kids and adults on a wide range of topics, from illustrating, writing and poetry
• An art exhibition by a collective of women illustrators and graffiti artist
• A stories’ booth to record children’s own stories
• A charity auction
• Books stalls and much more
The event AIMS to recapture people’s minds With traditional African storytelling and to Encourage a culture of reading amongst the youth. It is Also a celebration of women, as This Year’s theme for World Storytelling Day is Strong Women.
In Addition to the event during the day in Which is open to all, there will be a show from 7pm onwards in Which some texts of the five books will be ACTED Chosen out.