Outdoor: Cycling to Lake Magadi, Nov. 7-8 2015 @ Lake Magadi
From the edges of Ngong Hills (Kona Baridi) to the bottom of the Rift Valley (Lake Magadi) over a stretch of 80km, your bicycle shall take you through Maasai countryside; wild, shrubby and expansive savannah. Spin your wheels across the winding Magadi road to an oasis of cooling swimming pools by the day and warming, therapeutic hot springs for the evening.
Camp the night under the starry African night. Breezy as it will be, enjoy the warmth of the bonfire, sample some Maasai-style barbecue and maybe join in the Maasai dancers’ jubilant jumps. Come morning, trade your two wheels for the millipede of a vehicle (the train) and enjoy a game drive like no other.
CYCLING DISTANCE: 80km
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY: Challenging
Suitable for INTERMEDIATE and EXPERIENCED cyclists
Ksh. 13,500 (with your own bike)
– Round trip transport (to Kona Baridi the start point on day one and back to Nairobi on day two)
– Accommodation in self-contained tented camps (self-camping option available too)
– All three meals plus snacks (during the ride) and an evening sun downer drink (at the hot springs)
– Entry fees into community conservancies
– Train ride fees
– A well-serviced bike, preferably a mountain bike, hybrid or cyclo-cross (Mountain bikes available for hire)
– Comfortable and well padded cycling gear (contact us if you need to purchase any)
– Change of clothes
– Sunscreen lotion
– Swimming costume
– …and tag a friend along
All payments to be sent to the Mpesa Till No. 981718
or to KCB Bank
Account Name: Baiskeli Adventures
Account No. 1170152406
Deadline for booking is October 31st, 2015. VERY LIMITED slots available.
Rakesh – 0717681649/0738681649 or Bernard (Lake Magadi Adventures) – 0717999228/0727075986