Posts tagged ‘Wanjiru Kamau-Rutenberg’
Akili Dada Happy Hour: Art, Education & the Future of Creativity in Kenya, May 16 2013 @ Kuona Trust
Akili Dada, a leadership incubator for young Kenyan women, is thrilled to be partnering with Kuona Trust, a centre for the visual arts in Kenya, for a Happy Hour event on Thursday, 16th May from 5:30-8pm at Kuona Trust’s beautiful garden space in Kilimani.
In addition to mingling and enjoying the creative atmosphere of Kuona and the studios of its talented artists, a panel of speakers will engage attendees in a conversation on the theme “Arts, education, and the future of creativity in Kenya.”
- Boniface Mwangi, photographer and founder of Picha Mtaani and Pawa254
- Sylvia Gichia, Director of Kuona Trust
- June Gachui, Lawyer and Performing Artiste
- Judy Ogana, General Manager of The GoDown Arts Centre
- Wanjiru Kamau-Rutenberg, Founder of Akili Dada
Beverages and bitings will be available to purchase.
Cost of entry is 500 ksh at the door, which includes one free drink from the bar. The event is open to the public
Proceeds will support the work of Akili Dada.
Date: March 11, 2013
Venue: Alliance Francaise
Time: 6 pm
Taking Root: The Vision of Wangari Maathai by Lisa Merton and Alan Dater (2009) – 53min
Followed by a discussion with:
- Wanjiru Kamau-Rutenberg, Founder and Executive Director, Akili Dada
- Njeri Gakonyo, Chair of the Board of Directors, The Green Belt Movement
Cocktail reception to launch the photo exhibition Planète Femmes (The World of Women) winning photos from the 2011 International Photo Competition organized by the Alliance Française Foundation