Posts tagged ‘creatives garage’
See poster for details and please note the change of location from our usual meeting venue at Shalom House.
Due to limited space, registration through this link is a prerequisite>> http://bit.ly/1fCyhcW.
Please register to avoid being turned away.
Featuring the phenomenal Ythera – Watcher her debut single “Kijana”
Cameo performances by: Loise Ondiso Madete stage name Ondi and Vereso
It is a 3-day festival open to the public that will enable creative entrepreneurs to showcase and sell their goods and services, attract investment and develop new markets. It is also geared towards celebrating Kenya at 50. Thus, the theme is “Kenya at 50 and beyond”.
There will be 5 teams of creatives, including painters, digital artists and fashion designers who will be creating masterpieces out of re-usable items in 50 hours. The pieces of art will then be auctioned to the public on the final day of the festival. The money received will go into running a 10-week art program in 5 partnering children’s homes.
There will be performances by dancers, musicians, bands, poets, DJs and fun activities like bladah play-offs. We will also have exhibitions and mini events like Artsy Mama and the Mini Garage for kids:
• Artsymama is an exhibition and creative seminar for stay at home parents. The seminar includes guest panellists who share their success stories as stay at home parents.The theme for this edition of Artsymama is ‘Do It Yourself’ and will feature interior design enthusiast Nancy Mukabi, Elle Designers and Jaclyn Juma of Earthmovers LTD. It will be happening on Friday 29th Nov(2pm-4pm).
• The Mini Garage will be happening throughout the 3 days of the festival. The kids will be involved in art activities like colouring, painting, and drawing. They will be supervised by the Creatives Garage team.
The live performances at the festival include:
Friday November 29, 2013
• 10am-10.30am:Opening Ceremony: Kenya Performing Arts Group
• 10.30-2pm: Music by DJ Blank
• 4pm-5.30pm: Music by DJ Kris
• 5.30pm-7.30pm: Electric Fuse – live performance by Son of a Beat Crew
• 7.30pm- 12am: 60s/70s themed party by DJ D-Lite
Saturday November 30, 2013
• 2pm-4pm: Floetry Mash up – featuring upcoming spoken word and rap artists
• 4pm-6pm: Zilizopendwa Live – by Ziki and her band, Peter Nyabuto, Azz, Linda and Ashley Nyambura
• 6pm-8.30pm: Penya Africa Presents Dempsey , KIU and Sauti Academy
• 8.30pm till late: Muthurukishion– Afrolectic Tribal House music by DJs Kollektive and Dance Parade (KES 300)
Sunday, December 1, 2013
• 9am-1pm: Kutendereza Party – featuring the Kenyan Boys Choir, Kenyan Girls’ Choir, Jubilee Chorale, Nairobi Girls Chorale, St. Johns Pumwani Choir and Chosen Generation from Braeside
• 1pm-6pm: Live performances from Mercy Myra, Sarabi, H_art the Band ,Everlastand music from DJ Absolute.
Creatives garage will be holding a clinic day on the 10th of August from 10 am to 3pm with the aim of bringing creatives together in a workshop that will train them on improving their entrepreneurial skills.
In addition, it will also be an opportunity for the creatives to interact with the institutions and organizations that run the industry that creative arts fall into.
Venue: Kuona Trust
Joram Mwinamo, Managing partner at Wylde International, will be giving a business talk on setting up and running a successful business.
Creative labs will be hosted by our partners. Dj Kim and Folk will be on the decks.
Creatives garage is platform that helps creatives learn, network, form projects and market themselves to potential clients.
Dates: Every Saturday – from August 3, 2013
Venue: AEA, Valley Road
Time: 10 am – 1 pm
Costs: Kshs 4000 pm or kshs 1500 per session
Contacts: 0708 752 575 / Tabitha@creativesgarage.org
Mini Garage is the ultimate Kids club based in Nairobi kenya. It is a kids club run by Creatives garage that offer parents a resource centre on kids creative works and gives kids a platform to nurture their talent, interact with other kids on creativity.
The kids club is starting on 3rd August 2013.It will be happening on all the Saturdays from 10:00am to 1:00 pm.
The venue is AEA Grounds which is located along valley road, the second gate on your left after NPC footbridge.
For more info visit