Posts tagged ‘creatives garage’
See poster for details and please note the change of location from our usual meeting venue at Shalom House.
Due to limited space, registration through this link is a prerequisite>> http://bit.ly/1fCyhcW.
Please register to avoid being turned away.
Featuring the phenomenal Ythera – Watcher her debut single “Kijana”
Cameo performances by: Loise Ondiso Madete stage name Ondi and Vereso
It is a 3-day festival open to the public that will enable creative entrepreneurs to showcase and sell their goods and services, attract investment and develop new markets. It is also geared towards celebrating Kenya at 50. Thus, the theme is “Kenya at 50 and beyond”.
There will be 5 teams of creatives, including painters, digital artists and fashion designers who will be creating masterpieces out of re-usable items in 50 hours. The pieces of art will then be auctioned to the public on the final day of the festival. The money received will go into running a 10-week art program in 5 partnering children’s homes.
There will be performances by dancers, musicians, bands, poets, DJs and fun activities like bladah play-offs. We will also have exhibitions and mini events like Artsy Mama and the Mini Garage for kids:
• Artsymama is an exhibition and creative seminar for stay at home parents. The seminar includes guest panellists who share their success stories as stay at home parents.The theme for this edition of Artsymama is ‘Do It Yourself’ and will feature interior design enthusiast Nancy Mukabi, Elle Designers and Jaclyn Juma of Earthmovers LTD. It will be happening on Friday 29th Nov(2pm-4pm).
• The Mini Garage will be happening throughout the 3 days of the festival. The kids will be involved in art activities like colouring, painting, and drawing. They will be supervised by the Creatives Garage team.
The live performances at the festival include:
Friday November 29, 2013
• 10am-10.30am:Opening Ceremony: Kenya Performing Arts Group
• 10.30-2pm: Music by DJ Blank
• 4pm-5.30pm: Music by DJ Kris
• 5.30pm-7.30pm: Electric Fuse – live performance by Son of a Beat Crew
• 7.30pm- 12am: 60s/70s themed party by DJ D-Lite
Saturday November 30, 2013
• 2pm-4pm: Floetry Mash up – featuring upcoming spoken word and rap artists
• 4pm-6pm: Zilizopendwa Live – by Ziki and her band, Peter Nyabuto, Azz, Linda and Ashley Nyambura
• 6pm-8.30pm: Penya Africa Presents Dempsey , KIU and Sauti Academy
• 8.30pm till late: Muthurukishion– Afrolectic Tribal House music by DJs Kollektive and Dance Parade (KES 300)
Sunday, December 1, 2013
• 9am-1pm: Kutendereza Party – featuring the Kenyan Boys Choir, Kenyan Girls’ Choir, Jubilee Chorale, Nairobi Girls Chorale, St. Johns Pumwani Choir and Chosen Generation from Braeside
• 1pm-6pm: Live performances from Mercy Myra, Sarabi, H_art the Band ,Everlastand music from DJ Absolute.
Creatives garage will be holding a clinic day on the 10th of August from 10 am to 3pm with the aim of bringing creatives together in a workshop that will train them on improving their entrepreneurial skills.
In addition, it will also be an opportunity for the creatives to interact with the institutions and organizations that run the industry that creative arts fall into.
Venue: Kuona Trust
Joram Mwinamo, Managing partner at Wylde International, will be giving a business talk on setting up and running a successful business.
Creative labs will be hosted by our partners. Dj Kim and Folk will be on the decks.
Creatives garage is platform that helps creatives learn, network, form projects and market themselves to potential clients.
Dates: Every Saturday – from August 3, 2013
Venue: AEA, Valley Road
Time: 10 am – 1 pm
Costs: Kshs 4000 pm or kshs 1500 per session
Contacts: 0708 752 575 / Tabitha@creativesgarage.org
Mini Garage is the ultimate Kids club based in Nairobi kenya. It is a kids club run by Creatives garage that offer parents a resource centre on kids creative works and gives kids a platform to nurture their talent, interact with other kids on creativity.
The kids club is starting on 3rd August 2013.It will be happening on all the Saturdays from 10:00am to 1:00 pm.
The venue is AEA Grounds which is located along valley road, the second gate on your left after NPC footbridge.
For more info visit
This month’s focus: creative platforms and their impact in the creative industry.
Date: May 18, 2013
Venue: NaiLab, Bishop Magua Building 4th Floor
Location: opposite Uchumi Ngong Road
Entry: Kshs 500 (inclusive of reading material)
The all day workshop will be facilitated at NaiLab (Bishop Magua Bldg) by IP Checkin, Centre for Intellectual Property and Information Technology Law
– CiPIT and Kenya Copyright Board
This workshop will cover more than Copyright, Infringement, Protecting your IP, Agreements, Rights and the different ways you can make a living off your Intellectual Property.
with the proud support of Creatives Garage, BAKE, POWO, Craft Afrika, PAWA254 and Arterial Network.
At Creatives Garage we are having an open day which also coincides with our first anniversary so we merging the two for a Turning One Party.
We will be having exhibitions from different creatives as well as Performances.
Date: May 18, 2013
Venue: PAWA 254
Entrance is free
Watch Nairobi Half Life Trailer
Creatives Garage is an open day for creatives. Twenty creatives will exhibit their works plus they shall have live performances from several live performers.
Date: November 23, 2012
Venue: PAWA254 Hub
Location: 2nd Floor, Africa Alliance of YMCAs Building, State
Time: 2 pm till late
Contacts: email@example.com [creatives interested in exhibiting]
On the decks will be DJ Kris and he will be kicking it old school
The Portfolio Review is on 19th October 2012 from 5pm at PAWA Hub (http://pawa254.org/index.php/map-location)
This is October’s line-up for the event:
Fashion designer: Manciny Migwi
Producer: Daisy Busolo of wholesome Entertainment
Actor: Gerald Lingiri (actors.co.ke)
Digital Artist: Feysal Nair
Farmer: Lydia Wahito of tunda (www.facebook.com/tundakenya)
Date: August 4, 2012
Charges: 1500/- *includes tea, lunch and materials* [Register on or before Friday, 3rd August]
Contacts: MPESA 0708 752 575 and email firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn how to research, develop, prepare, package and pitch you idea or product to an audience
Paul Achar (@paulachar) is a speech coach and communication specialist. He’s trained athletes, politicians, corporates, artists etc
He works at Jade communication that delivers innovative and practical communication skills training programmes and consultancy services.
Ted Gichuhi is currently the senior creative (Art Director) at Leo Burnett with over 10 years experience in print, design and advertising.
For more information check the Creatives Garage blog
On the 20th of July the Creatives Garage will have a Portfolio Review Hangout at Pawa254 hub from 5-7pm.
The six creatives sharing their portfolios are:
1. James Wamathai, a poet, creative connector and online publisher
2. Daphine Okonji, Interior Designer at Elle Interior Designs
3. Cynthia Ogona, poet and radio presenter
4. Macrine Kajuma, Graphics Designer at Ciala Design House
5. Mercy Ngumi of Zawaditele and
6. Connie Aluoch, fashion stylist
The MC for the evening: Muthoni Gathecha
Contacts: twitter @thecreativesg or join/like them on Facebook for more details.
About portfolio Reviews
These are events to whose main mission is to empower Creative Professionals around the world, it is an in-person critique event where six local Creatives present original work and receive feedback from an audience of peers.
The events main purpose is to engage in career boosting conversations, gather creative insights and discover inspiring works.