Opportunity: National Youth Orchestra of Kenya Invites New Applications, Applications Should be Sent by Sept. 1 2014
The National Youth Orchestra of Kenya invites new applications from young musicians aged 13 to 20 who can demonstrate commitment to music and leadership potential.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12 noon on Monday 1st September 2014. Selected Applicants may be called to audition at Strathmore University in Nairobi on 6th or 7th September 2014. Previous applicants are allowed to re-apply if they had previously applied and auditioned before December 2013.
Full details and application forms are available from email@example.com (+254 728 814703).
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE KNYO?
Anyone under the age of 20 can participate in the KNYO as long as they meet the following requirements;
1. Anyone aged 20 and under as at December 2014.
2. Citizens or resident in Kenya and planning to remain in Kenya for a minimum of two years from January 2015.
3. Committed to the purpose of forming a national group representing Kenyan youth, and wholly sympathetic with its aims and challenges.
4. Have previous experience in music performance
5. Able to commit adequate time for attendance at KNYO courses and to regular music practice
6. Provide a reference from their music teacher.
1. Able to play chosen instrument* at a high technical level
2. Able to read music at a high level
3. Have music theory knowledge
4. Own or have regular access to their chosen instrument*
5. *Chosen instrument can be any of the following:
Flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, saxophone, horn, trumpet, cornet, trombone, euphonium, tuba, orchestral percussion, violin, viola, cello or double bass