Event/Workshop: POWO, Poets and Writers Online, May 21 2011 @ I Hub
Poets and Writers Online (POWO) is a forum for Poets and Writers with blogs and those with an interest in using the internet in promotion of, or as a platform for their writing.
They are having their second workshop on;
Date: May 21, 2011
Venue: I Hub
Location: 4th floor of Bishop Magua Building along Ngong Road (opposite Uchumi Ngong Rd.)
Time: 11.00am – 2pm
Sign up/Register: log on to http://powomay.eventbrite.com/
Who should attend?
Poets, Creative Writers, anyone with an interest in writing
Guest Speaker: Aleya Jamal – Story Moja (The Reading Revolution)
Poetry performance by: Dennis Inkwa – Poet and Member of Mstari Wa Nne
Blogging & Social Media Workshop Agenda
-Starting a blog with blogger
- Starting a blog with wordpress
- Uploading photos/ embedding video/html code/sound/follow me FB n Twitter, gadgets and widgets
- SEO, enlisting with Afrigator,mashada etc
- Creating an FB and twitter a/c, Shortening url, including tweet streams on a blog
- Registering a Domain and choosing a host
- Migrating from blogger to wordpress or to a webiste
- Intepreting and using analytics
PS. Carry your laptop, for better learning. There will be also be free Wifi.
Follow POWO: Twitter @POWO, Facebook POWO